New Agile Certificate: Online at edX NewsPolicies & SupportContact

Each program has its own admission requirements.

The Master of Science (MS) and Doctorate (PhD) programs require a thesis. Here are the academic admission requirements:

The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and The Graduate School offer additional admission guidelines and deadlines for the MS and PhD programs:

The Master of Engineering (MEng) and Graduate Certificate in Engineering (GCEN) programs are offered through the Office of Advanced Engineering Education. They do not require you to write a thesis.

Undergraduate Minor students need to be enrolled in the University of Maryland with a GPA of at least 3.0 and permission from their adviser. View complete requirements:

This article was last updated on November 3, 2015.